Since I made the tofu pudding, I have been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the can of coconut milk, so I thought I’d try to make something with it. I was just going to make a Thai green curry, but I didn’t really fancy having to make the curry paste so I used those flavours to come up with this. I didn’t use any chilli’s, but that’s just because I didn’t have any to hand. If you wanted to use chilli’s, you could either use them fresh in with the marinade, or maybe use dried chilli in the coconut crumbs? I guess I’ll have to do that next time and see how it turns out, unless someone else gives it a try and let’s me know!
I think this was really nice with a big mixed salad. I was going to do coconut rice, but I thought that was a bit overboard on the coconut so I put the rest of the coconut milk in a ziploc in the freezer. Maybe I’ll make coconut rice pudding next week!
500g Chicken Breast, butterflied*
180ml Coconut Milk
1 garlic clove, minced
zest of 1/2 lime
2 cups dessicated coconut flakes
A handful of chopped coriander
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix the coconut milk, garlic and lime zest together and pour over the chicken. Cover with clingfilm and marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C and mix the coriander, salt and pepper with the coconut before coating the chicken breasts.
3. Place on foil brushed with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, turning half way.
4. If you want the coconut to be more browned, place under the grill for a few minutes.
*I butterflied the chicken breasts just because I had 2 that were gigantic and they would’ve taken forever to cook
- Coconut Chicken Tenders (folkgirl1.wordpress.com)